Monday, November 10, 2008

In Quest Of Knowledge (PART 4&5)

Special Heavenly Beneficence

We talked of different matters for some time, and then he said, with great emotion:

“My son, Allah has listened to your prayer, and your wishes have been granted. Look at that fine sturdy camel! Anon you will mount it, and set upon your journey o holy Madinah. Since you have left your home with the object of acquiring knowledge of the Hadith of the Holy Prophet, peace be upon him, you are actually his guest. We shall look after you throughout the journey, and shall feel special pleasure in providing for all your comforts. And we shall ourselves take you to Imam Malik”. And I could see that the old gentleman’s face was really lit with the spiritual pleasure he was inwardly feeling at the thought of being of help to me.

Then all the camels were lined up, and the old gentleman himself made me mount the particular camel, showing all respect and reverence for me as if I were an elder and already a scholar and, then invoking Allah’s blessings, the caravan set out.

Recitation of the Holy Quran on the Journey

No sooner did the caravan start than I began reciting the Holy Quran, and I kept this on day and night. How blessed was the journey to holy Madinah in which I finished one complete recitation of the Quran during the day and another during the night, and so by the time I reached Madinah I had completed sixteen recitation in all, and may Allah be praised, for all praises are due to Him alone.

No comments: